Popular Posts

Saturday 7 January 2017

ODE TO OUR FUTURE GENERATION

ODE TO OUR FUTURE GENERATION  by ASIIMWE SAM RUHINDI

A wise man  said

If you tell me a fact I will learn

If you tell me truth I will believe

But if you tell me a story it will live forever in my heart

but my heart is on a stand still on

Which fact will we tell to our children and children after them 

Which truth will we tell them to believe?

Will we say we had love and respect to human rights?

No I don’t think we have any



Bombings have set record in headlines of world media

We’ve watched our fellow dying

But we’ve been silent and helplessly

But still say we have love

More weapons are manufactured from day to day

More terror groups are rising

More people are dying my goodness

But still we say we have humanity really? 

We share same blood same tears

As a sign of brother hood

But a slight difference in skin color

Foolishly leads us to racism why could you tell me why?

Evey year cease fire agreements are signed

But still we have more than 64.5 million  refugees

No place to call home, no food to eat 

But we say we have love 

Really is this the love that we are being preached?

(Cut the beat cut the beat please )

We cannot stand this it can be avoided

We cannot fear the future but we can create it

Am a dreamer  

I dream world where man 

will live a peaceful life 

where no other will scorn 

where love will bless the earth 

I dream a world where all will 

know sweet freedom's way, 

where hate no longer blights our day. 

A world i dream where black or white 

will share the rewards of the earth and every man is free 

And no more hash tags like #blacklivesmatter

#weneedpeace

I dream that one day the world be a better place

And we will have a story to tell

A story that will live forever in the hearts our children


Of such i dream a world .


No comments:

Post a Comment