Popular Posts

Wednesday 5 July 2017

DEAR TEACHERS

DEAR TEACHERS by ASIIMWE SAM RUHINDI

I think when I speak I’ll speak for most average students
Firstly am so grateful and humbled for your Great job
For every moment you spend with students
You're super heroes
But there is something I would like to put forward
Something that's aching my heart

Dear teachers
It hurts so bad Every time you tell a student that he is dumb,
Stupid or ignorant after scoring low grades
In test or paper
Just like how back in my junior high school days
My Maths teacher used to
Oh wait… Who is a teacher in the first place?
A teacher isn't someone who teaches something,
But someone who inspires the student to give of her best
In order to discover what he/she already knows.

How will I be inspired when am being called a cow
How will I be inspired when am told that I won't succeed
How will I be inspired when am always called dumb
And may but to mention a few
All because I couldn't get the value of X&Y
Albert Einstein said everybody is a genius
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree
It will live its whole life believing that it's stupid

Dear teachers
A student who gets low grades today
Might be having a dream that will change the world tomorrow
Please understand us inspire us.
Retired Dr Ben Carson was also called
The dumbest student but today
He’s World celebrated neurosurgeon

Dear teachers
Do you ever wonder what goes?
In the mind of students after all those words
Oh how am sorry to my fellas who
Couldn't bear all that and
Had to drop out at an early stage

Dear Teachers
The tongue can be a very good weapon to destruction
Misery and killing the self-esteem of the students.
We are all molded the same but with different abilities
Appreciate the good in books and encourage those who aren't
We cannot all be teachers, doctors, judges, lawyers, pilots and so on...
But we can all fit in the cycle and continue building this great continent.


1 comment: