Popular Posts

Thursday 23 October 2014

WHEN AM DEAD AND GONE

When am dead and gone 
By ASIIMWE SAM RUHINDI


It’s dawn and the sky is brown
The whole land is cold
Announcements over the media
I’ve kicked the bucket
Will you weep and grieve?
When am dead and gone?

Sit and recall all our sweet memories
Remember the glances we shared
Stories we exchanged every  twilight
On our way home so sweet
Celebrate my life with a smile
When am dead and gone.

Sing precious lord take my hand
As you lay my bones back to soil
With a wreath of white roses
I’ll still love you because I know you do too
And hope these words will help you through
When am dead and gone

2 comments:

  1. These are the saddest words to ever write, but worth to

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother truth hurts always but thats the way it is.

    ReplyDelete